Schedule an appointment now
Start the road to recovery.
With Back & Sciatica Pain
Most Common Back and Sciatica Complaints and Limitations:
- You have missed work or family activities due to back pain
- You have pain going down your leg
- You have numbness or tingling into your legs and feet
- You have stiffness and soreness when you wake up in the morning
- You can’t sit or stand for long periods of time because of back pain
- You can’t sleep because of back pain
- You have pain with reaching or lifting overhead
Common Back & Sciatica Pain Conditions That We Treat
- Degenerative disk disease
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Herniated disk
- Muscle sprains/strains
What Is the First Step?
Start By Scheduling an Evaluation Appointment.
Don't Wait - Get Started Right Now!
Clinical research shows that the sooner you get started with active rehabilitation, the less likely you will need unnecessary tests, medications, or surgery.
Call Us Today at (508) 794-3697
At your evaluation appointment, you will meet with a physical therapist who will perform a thorough evaluation that includes:
- A review of your health history and your specific symptoms.
- A thorough examination that includes assessing the quality and quantity of your movements, and any factors that might put you at risk for delayed recovery or might indicate a serious health problem.
- Assessment of how you use your body at work, at home, during sports, and at leisure.
- Determination of the diagnosis and impairments that are causing your pain and establishment of a treatment plan of care.
What to Expect
What Kind of Treatment Techniques Might I Receive?
Your physical therapist will develop a personalized rehabilitation program for your condition. This program can help you safely return to your desired activities. Some treatment techniques may include:
Hands-on treatments to mobilize your muscles and joints to restore and improve proper motion and strength.
Specialized manual therapy offerings at Professional Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine include:
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Soft-tissue mobilization
- Myofascial Release
- Swelling/edema massage
- IASTM- Instrument assisted soft tissue massage
- Graston Therapy
Activities aimed at improving movement of a specific joint including stretching techniques to decrease muscle tightness and help restore flexibility. There are 3 main types of range of motion (ROM) exercise: Active ROM requires very little assistance from the clinician and is done by the patient. Active-assisted ROM requires partial assistance from the clinician and is done with the patient. Passive ROM requires full assistance from the clinician and is done for the patient.
Exercises for muscle weakness or imbalance specific to your condition and capability. Sometimes referred to as strength/weight/resistance/endurance training, muscle strengthening exercises can include the use of weights, exercise bands, and body weight. The benefits of muscle strengthening include increased bone strength and muscular fitness.
Pain and Swelling Management
Treatments to reduce pain and inflammation and enhance recovery.
Specialized pain management offerings at Professional Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine include:
- Electrical stimulation
- Squid® Vasopneumatic Compression
- McConnell taping
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy and Dry Needling
Includes providing information about your condition and treatment options and identifying and modifying any factors or activities causing your pain. Instructing you in home pain/swelling management and a home exercise program will help you maintain gains in motion and strength.
Therapeutic activities incorporate the use of multiple parameters such as balance, strength, coordination, and range of motion. Functional activities are designed to safely and gradually progress as you recover to allow for achievement of your functional and recreational goals.
What Our Clients Say
The PT’s and PA’s have been superb at getting me back to normal.
This has been the best experience at any physical therapy clinic I have ever been to. I have been to other PT facilities and this has easily been the best. The PT’s and PA’s have been superb at getting me back to where I was before my sciatic issues. I have no pain traveling down my leg that was preventing me from getting a good night’s sleep and doing normal activities around the house and work.
I was impressed with her professionalism, yet friendly approach, knowledge, and expertise in dealing with my condition.
My introduction to your particular office was in response to a sciatica workshop and especially the initial evaluation appointment with Susan Koeller and was impressed with her professionalism, yet friendly approach, knowledge, and expertise in dealing with my condition. My sciatic nerve pain began in November – was a constant pain and now I’m back to normal!