Schedule an appointment now
Start the road to recovery.
With Hip Pain
At Professional Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine in Franklin MA, our doctors and clinicians are experts in determining the cause of your hip pain and prescribing a course of treatment for pain relief and return of function.
Most Common Hip Complaints and Limitations:
- You can’t sleep because of hip or thigh pain
- You have difficulty going up and down steps because of hip or thigh pain
- You have difficulty walking because of hip or thigh pain
- You have difficulty standing up because of hip or thigh pain
- You have trouble driving , sitting or standing because of hip or knee pain
- You have hip or knee pain when you run or go to the gym
Common Hip Pain Conditions That We Treat
- Hip fracture
- Sciatica- referred pain from back
- Piriformis syndrome
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Hip labral tear
- Hip sprains and strains
- Hip osteoporosis
- Hip bursitis
- Sacroiliac dysfunction
What Is the First Step?
Start By Scheduling an Evaluation Appointment.
Don't Wait - Get Started Right Now!
Clinical research shows that the sooner you get started with active rehabilitation, the less likely you will need unnecessary tests, medications, or surgery.
Call Us Today at (508) 794-3697
At your evaluation appointment, you will meet with a physical therapist who will perform a thorough evaluation that includes:
- A review of your health history and your specific symptoms.
- A thorough examination that includes assessing the quality and quantity of your movements, and any factors that might put you at risk for delayed recovery or might indicate a serious health problem.
- Assessment of how you use your body at work, at home, during sports, and at leisure.
- Determination of the diagnosis and impairments that are causing your pain and establishment of a treatment plan of care.
What to Expect
What Kind of Treatment Techniques Might I Receive?
Your physical therapist will develop a personalized rehabilitation program for your condition. This program can help you safely return to your desired activities. Some treatment techniques may include:
Hands-on treatments to mobilize your muscles and joints to restore and improve proper motion and strength.
Specialized manual therapy offerings at Professional Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine include:
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Soft-tissue mobilization
- Myofascial Release
- Swelling/edema massage
- IASTM- Instrument assisted soft tissue massage
- Graston Therapy
Activities aimed at improving movement of a specific joint including stretching techniques to decrease muscle tightness and help restore flexibility. There are 3 main types of range of motion (ROM) exercise: Active ROM requires very little assistance from the clinician and is done by the patient. Active-assisted ROM requires partial assistance from the clinician and is done with the patient. Passive ROM requires full assistance from the clinician and is done for the patient.
Exercises for muscle weakness or imbalance specific to your condition and capability. Sometimes referred to as strength/weight/resistance/endurance training, muscle strengthening exercises can include the use of weights, exercise bands, and body weight. The benefits of muscle strengthening include increased bone strength and muscular fitness.
Pain and Swelling Management
Treatments to reduce pain and inflammation and enhance recovery.
Specialized pain management offerings at Professional Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine include:
- Electrical stimulation
- Squid® Vasopneumatic Compression
- McConnell taping
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy and Dry Needling
Includes providing information about your condition and treatment options and identifying and modifying any factors or activities causing your pain. Instructing you in home pain/swelling management and a home exercise program will help you maintain gains in motion and strength.
Therapeutic activities incorporate the use of multiple parameters such as balance, strength, coordination, and range of motion. Functional activities are designed to safely and gradually progress as you recover to allow for achievement of your functional and recreational goals.
What Our Clients Say
Thanks for pushing me to work hard and push through the pain.
I came to ProPt for therapy after hip replacement. This was my second. The first hip replacement I went to another practice for recovery. The care and personal attention I received at ProPT was far better. All of the therapists were wonderful and although I hope it’s a while before I need to see them again when I do, I’ll be back. Thanks for pushing me to work hard and push through the pain. See you all on the slopes!!
I’m now doing the things I couldn’t do before.
I came in with severe hip pain in late September. I had difficulty walking and standing without pain. The physical therapist here put me back together. I’m now doing the things I couldn’t do before. I am so grateful for all the help. Kudos to Dr.Patt, Crystal, Sue F and Amber as well as the great techs and their support. Many thanks.