Schedule an appointment now
Start the road to recovery.
With Pre-Surgical and Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
Surgeons routinely refer post-surgical patients to our physical therapists to help them recover strength, function and mobility.
Our therapists provide one-on-one, evidence-based physical therapy treatment sessions to help facilitate your recovery and return to activities of daily living (ADLs), work, recreational activities and even competitive sports.
The rehabilitative process depends on the injury and type of surgery. We help patients recover and rehabilitate from a variety of orthopedic post-operative procedures, including:
- Knee, hip and shoulder joint replacements
- Reconstruction of any one or more of the four major knee ligaments: anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), medial collateral ligament (MCL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and lateral collateral ligament (LCL)
- Arthroscopic knee surgeries (such as meniscectomies, meniscal repairs)
- Ligament and tendon repair, including Achilles tendon repairs
- Arthroscopic hip surgeries (such as labral repairs)
- Nerve releases (such as cubital tunnel, radial tunnel, carpal tunnel, tarsal tunnel)
- Neck and back surgery (such as fusions, laminectomy, decompression and discectomy)
- Nerve compression release
- Bone or joint fusion (arthrodesis)
- Tendon transfers
- Surgical fixation of fractures, including open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF), a two-part surgery used to fix broken bones where the broken bone is reduced (put back into place) and an internal fixation device is placed on the bone (e.g., screws, plates, rods or pins) to hold the bone together
- Shoulder post-surgical recovery for rotator cuff tears, labral tears, superior labrum anterior and posterior (SLAP) tear or lesion, arthroscopy and more
What Is the First Step?
Start By Scheduling an Evaluation Appointment.
Don't Wait - Get Started Right Now!
Clinical research shows that the sooner you get started with active rehabilitation, the less likely you will need unnecessary tests, medications, or surgery.
Call Us Today at (508) 794-3697
At your evaluation appointment, you will meet with a physical therapist who will perform a thorough evaluation that includes:
- A review of your health history and your specific symptoms.
- A thorough examination that includes assessing the quality and quantity of your movements, and any factors that might put you at risk for delayed recovery or might indicate a serious health problem.
- Assessment of how you use your body at work, at home, during sports, and at leisure.
- Determination of the diagnosis and impairments that are causing your pain and establishment of a treatment plan of care.
What Our Clients Say
I would not even consider going to any other Physical Therapy experts.
I didn’t think my neck pain would ever be alleviated, but I’m happy to say, it most definitely has been! Prior to coming here, I had difficulty turning my head backwards when I needed to back out of a space and simply checking to see if anyone was in my blind spot while driving on a highway. That safety issue was concerning, but I have no trouble with either difficulty. I’ve been coming here for years for different reasons, particularly after surgeries! I would not even consider going to any other Physical Therapy experts, because the care I’ve gotten here has been so consistently excellent.
My Physical Therapy Story.
My experience here at ProPt has been wonderful! The staff, as well as everyone else, are friendly, helpful, and extremely knowledgeable. I have had various and multiple injuries over the last year and each time I choose here for my physical therapy. Recently, I fractured my wrist, which required surgery. Before I started my PT, my right hand was useless. Now, I am back to doing all the things that I could do before my surgery. Thank you so much for helping me be healthy again!